On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 22:04:04 +0300
PM disseminated the following:

> > Hey all,
> >
> > Tryin' to do an install of MDK 10.0 Official on an old box I got my mitts
> > on,
> > and it won't boot from the CD.
> >
> > I created a boot floppy with the cdrom.img, but when I try to start the
> > install
> > I get 'No CDROM device found', and when I hit 'Ok', it tells me to insert
> > the
> > 'Additional Drivers floppy'.
> >
> > I can see nothing in the INSTALL or README about this, except for network
> > drivers to do a net install, and no images that fit this description in the
> > /Images dir on the CD.
> >
> > Help?
>
> How Old? Is there any possibility that its a non-ATAPI CD in the box
> (old Dolphin, etc)?

Well, it's pretty old, but it's from another box which I had installed MDK on
before, though that was 9.2 (IIRC). This machine, however, does not allow for
booting from the CD :-(. One thing I should have mentioned, if I boot from a
Win98 floppy (one of the few useful things to come out of MS), it detects the
CDROM and I can read from the drive. Unfortunately, this does me no good as the
MDK CD doesn't appear to have any 'setup' or 'install' scripts I can run to get
things going.

Any idea what this 'Additional Drivers floppy' is, and/or where I can get it?

--
JoeHill RLU #282046 /  www.freeyourmachine.org
15:43:39 up 46 days, 15:30, 6 users, load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00