On Sunday 19 September 2004 22:40, JoeHill wrote:
> > Joe,
> >
> > Did you ever try a floppy with smartbootmanager?
> > It comes on the slackware install CD's and works on the most improbable
> > of boot devices.
> > I've had some good experiences with it.
>
> If I'm understanding you correctly, I don't know if that would work. There
> isn't even an option in the BIOS to boot from CD, so I think I'm SOL there.
> I'll definitely check it out though, you can never have too many utils like
> this, eh?

Too true:)
smbtmgr installs to mbr (it's that  small) if you've got a running system (be
it win or lin) and boots of a floppy as well. Especially on old stuff where
the bios won't boot the CD are the aime here.
Old IBM Thinkpads without floppy drives and such:)

get it here: http://btmgr.sourceforge.net
it's not much more than 50k dload.

> I was wondering where you'd got to... Welcome back, you were missed!

Thanks mate, no big deal just an enormous amount of work that headed my way
and kept me away from home since May.
Heheh, now it's time to take a rest, count my euro's, repair my ship and scour
this list:)

Good luck,
HarM