On Tuesday 21 September 2004 03:41, Derek Jennings wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 September 2004 00:08, Lanman wrote:
> > Dear List,
> >
> > As the subject mentions, I have an IRDA dongle which connects to my USB
> > port. The Infra-Red unit is used to transfer pictures from a Casio
> > digital camera to the PC.
> >
> > The dongle is recognized on my USB port properly, although it doesn't
> > allow me to determine which port it's connected to. meanwhile, I've
> > downloaded the source code for the driver module, but I'm receiving a
> > lot of errors when trying to "make" the driver.
> >
> > All of this is happening on Mandrake 10.0 , so I'd appreciate any
> > suggestions if possible.
> >
> > TIA
>
> Erm..  If you try telling us what the errors are and maybe the name of the
> driver you might get a meaningful reply.
>
> derek

A quick Google leads me to suspect the name of the driver might be stir4200
http://tec-tech.org/?Linux%2FIrStick
http://wetlogic.net/stewart/stir4200/

and a quick slocate tells me that driver is already in the 2.4.8-10mdk kernel
in 10.1. Dunno about 10.0

$ slocate stir4200
/lib/modules/2.6.8.1-10mdk/kernel/drivers/net/irda/stir4200.ko.gz

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org