welcome newbie,

  can someone sugest nice script for making tar arcives with given
  size from given folder, presuming that data in folder is more than
  given volume size; that volumes must be independet form each other
  (no file spliting); that volume name is "smart" (e.g. vol1.tar;
  vol2.tar vol3.tar; ...)

  maybe I'm thinking in the wrong direction, then please enlighten me
  :)

  the idea is to make tar arcives for storing to dvd, except storing
  will be done once in a month, but archiving should be perfomed more
  or less every night. so there will be hard copy and daily backup.

force, my friend, is violence!
 hugenots                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]