At 08:50 AM 10/12/2004, you wrote:
On Tuesday 12 October 2004 07:38, Keith Powell wrote:
> I'm lost!!
>
> I want to go broadband, and the ISP gives me the choice of two modems
> in their broadband pack:
>
> Voyager 105 USB Modem
>
> or
>
> A220 PCI Modem (internal?)
>
> The Mandrake hardware database does not list either.
>
> Any advice on either of these, please? Will either work with
> Mandrake?
>
> Would I be better off going to a computer shop and buying a different
> modem? If so, what would you recommend?
>
> I am running Mandrake 10.0
>
> Many thanks
>
> Keith
This is not advise my supplier (SBC Global) provided a Speedstream 5100,
an external modem,  for my use and there was no problem with Mandrake
10.0 Official. No other experience.
--
Regards;
Hoyt

I'll put my 2 cents in here for the LInksys products, specifically the BEFCMU10 modem and BEFW11S4 wireless/wired router. I've never had an issue and Mandrake loves 'em.

Dennis Duffner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Registered Linux User #362232
Not yet M$ free-but getting closer and closer