On Sunday 17 Oct 2004 01:59, Jack wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-10-16 at 20:44 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I don't have a tv card, but I needed xawtv to work so that I could work
> > with capturing from a camcorder.  I had great problems getting it to
> > work, and it turned out to be the need for a local config file that was
> > missing.  Various people told me to get xawtv going first, then once that
> > was working I could try other TV programs.  It may be worth doing that
> > yourself.  If you need it I'll post the local config file that I use for
> > xawtv.  You can then adapt it to your needs.  The problem is that without
> > a model you haven't a clue what is needed.
> >
> > Anne

My config file - stored as .xawtv in /home/anne:

[global]
ratio = 4:3
freqtab = europe-west
pixsize = 80 x 24
pixcols = 8
jpeg-quality = 75
keypad-ntsc = off
keypad-partial = off
osd = yes
osd-position = 30 , 20
use-wm-fullscreen = no

[defaults]
input = svideo
norm = pal
capture = over

> Installed Xawtv and got a msg that "no tv card was detected".  I have a
> Nvidia with video in...

Have you got a NVidia driver installed?  The basic one with the distro will
not be enough.

Many people know a great deal more about NVidia drivers than I do.  For that
part I would suggest that you install a downloaded driver according to
NVidia's instructions (you will need kernel-source installed) and then start
a new thread with NVidia in the title.

HTH

Anne

--