On Tuesday 28 September 2004 17:36, Drew Martin wrote:
>       Hi All,
>                   I've just done a fresh install of 10.1 Com.It when very
> well,but I have a few questions.
>                    1 Does anyone know off any update mirrors that are
> working? 2 Does anyone know off any base mirrors that are working?I am
> unable to install Streamtuner,because the RPM not there.
>                     3 How do install the Nvidia drivers on X.org?I tried
> and just got console working,and something about Screens missing error.I
> have installed them on the same PC before with old X system with no probs.
> 4 If I join the the Mandrakeclub as a Stanard member,what is on the the 4th
> CD?
>                                      Cheers,
>                                                  Drew
1/ and 2/ There are no update mirrors for Community. Updated packages go into
the main tree. Go here http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/ to select an online source
for 'main' 'contrib' and 'plf' sources. Update by running
urpmi.update -a && update --auto-select
in a root terminal about once a week.

3/  There is a bug in the Nvidia installer script. I have a workaround for it.
I will put it on my web site in the next few minutes. Follow my sig.

4/ Commercial packages like precompiled NVIDIA and ATI drivers, Opera, Flash
and Acrobat, and time limited commercial sample software.
Don't think that joining Mandrake Club is going to give you lots of valuable
software not available elsewhere.  Its more of a way for people who use the
download edition to contribute something back to the people who produced it.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org