On Tuesday 28 September 2004 07:12 pm, Melvin M wrote:
> Can anyone help me with an iso file?......i downloaded mandrake 10.1  and
> got  all three disks but i dont know how to open them or instal........ Is
> there a difference in iso files or am i doing something
> wrong?..Hhhheeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllppppppppppppp...Melvin

I am assuming that you want to burn CD's wityh the downloaded files.
 If you are using Mandrake linux and have K3B installed when you click on a
ISO file it should automaticaly open in K3B if that does not work right click
the file and ckick ofen with and select K3B.  K3B should automaticaly detect
it as a ISO file and make the correct adjustments to the process.
  Make sure that you manually adjust the CD burning speed to 1/2 the burning
speed of your CD burner or 8X witch ever is less. SLOWER IS BETTER for
burning ISO's.
  K3B also has a menu that you can scroll down after youn select a ISO file
and K3B opens. If you scroll down the menu you will find that K3B has run
MD5sums. Check to see that the output from that matches with the MD5sums
figure that was downloaded with the ISO images.
  Needless to say if you used windoze to download things will be a bit
different but 1 of the windoze CD burning utilities should handle it 1 way or
another.

   Good luck
    Enjoy 10.1
    Marc