et wrote:
On Friday 24 September 2004 17:46, Lanman wrote:

Glad to be of service gents! Sigh! Now I'm off to scrape the callouses
off of my fingertips.

but still have not learned one iota about how to setup oGo, adn what I did learn was just enough to have me try out the install of ogo, enough to bork up my Apache install.

et, et al (was that a pun?)

Having gone through this too many times to count, having gone a few rounds with Bryan on the overall philosophy of Linux and Open-Source and having replaced my keyboard as a result, my suggestion is to leave OGO where it is - on the contribs list, and to focus on the usable groupware suites like Egroupware, PHProjekt, or SugarCRM, since they are well documented, and can be relatively easily installed, and configured.

IMNSHO, It should be left on a development list somewhere until it it at least configurable. Further research on OGO has shown that the SOPE components won't compile on Mandrake 10.0, and without that you're left with several hours or days of work that don't accomplish a thing except to increase ones' frustration.

Now, having said all of that, you can count on someone flaming me for suggesting that OGO be left where it is until it's a tad more user-friendly, etc. Sigh! Here we go again!

I'm thinking that Stephen's approach might at least be more enjoyable than actually trying to get OGO up and running. I may sound like a broken record (oops! I meant skipping CD!), but an least I'm consistent!

--
Lanman
Registered Linux User #190712