Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
On Wed, 2004-09-29 at 08:56, Todd Slater wrote:

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 09:38:41PM -0400, JoeHill wrote:

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:31:48 +0200
H.J.Bathoorn disseminated the following:

I second that. Mileage varies on other players, mplayer always just works on all sorts of distro's and plays almost anything you throw at it.

I'd be waaaaay pleased if you or anyone could tell me why this isn't working:

http://www.comedycentral.com/tv_shows/thedailyshowwithjonstewart/

...and yet:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~>$rpm -qa | grep codecs win32-codecs-1.4-2plf
real-codecs-1.2-1plf
xanim-codecs-1.0-3plf

and:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~>$rpm -qa | grep mplayer
mplayer-1.0-0.pre3.14plf
mplayer-gui-1.0-0.pre3.15plf
mplayerplugin-0.80-1mdk
mplayer-skins-1.3-8mdk

When I try to view a clip, I get 'loading movie...', but that turns out to be a
damned lie! ;-)

It's a conspiracy perpetrated by the U.S. and Canadian governments and a handful of these two nations' most powerful telecommunications companies. After all, what is said on one end is never exactly the same as what comes out on the other.

Todd

And don't forget -- watch the comedy channel to learn more. <g>

LX

Lyvim - Nice one!

The site seems to be set up only for Windows Media Player version 9.0. Tried it using a client's system which has WMP8.0 and an error came up regarding the fact that it only accepts WMP 9.0 as the player.

Looks like they either changed to WM Encoding recently, or it never worked with any other player at all. My guess is that they changed it recently. Sorry Guys.

Lanman
Registered Linux User #190712