I can't get port 53 open.  I suppose this is just part of my problem.  I
upgraded from 8.2 to 10.0.  I can't get out on the web for starters and
I ran NMAP tonight and 53 isn't open.  Shorewall isn't installed.  I
have ipchains and iptables, no bind, no named.

I noticed when I boot I see some error about iptables and modprobe and
the kernel, but I don't know exactly what it said.  I can't do iptables
-status or whatever.  It's version 1.2.9 by the way.  I tried listing my
tables and this is what shows up from a command line:

FATAL: Error inserting ip_tables
(/lib/modules/2.6.3-7mdk/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_tables.ko.gz):
Device or resource busy
iptables v1.2.9: can't initialize iptables table `filter': iptables who?
(do you need to insmod?)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

Do I need to find a newer version of iptables or what?  I never had this
problem, but then I never upgraded either.  I am thinking this is just
part of what I have to resolve before I get 53 open, unless someone has
a better idea, and if you do I'd appreciate it greatly.  This has been
driving me nuts for a week or more.

Thanks,
Greg