> > Looks like they updated the Expert list, but Newbie is still
> > showing nothing for September.
>
> Joe:
> I dug a little deeper, and found that the last message indexed at
> archives.mandrakelinux.com/newbie was by Eric Huff at 04:29 on
> November 15, 2003; the subject was (are you ready) "** LIST
> ISSUES: PLEASE READ **". (How's that for irony?)

LOL!  If i remember correctly, that post was probably about the
thousands of emails bouncing from ex-listmembers or members with
full accounts.

Shortly after that, they set up a script at mandrake to kill
bouncing addresses, so the two are linked, though it's funny that
was the last post!

It's a shame mandrake never re-subscribed themselves to the list
after the big burp.

Who do we contact there these days?  Is Vincent still active?

eric

--
Mandrake HowTo's & More:          http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org