On Friday 01 October 2004 09:55 pm, Eric Huff wrote:
> > > Shortly after that, they set up a script at mandrake to kill
> > > bouncing addresses, so the two are linked, though it's funny
> > > that was the last post!
> > >
> > > It's a shame mandrake never re-subscribed themselves to the list
> > > after the big burp.
> >
> > I'm a little confused.  What do you mean mandrake never
> > re-subscribed?
>
> The non-mandrake archives get the messages by being subscribed to
> the list.
>
> I may be jumping to conclusions, but when mandrake's newbie archive
> stopped at exactly the same time as a mass unsubbing, i had assumed
> the same of the mandrake archives.
>
> eric

Eric:
IIRC, you're right that the archives stopped being maintained simultaneously
with the mass unsubscribing. I just did a little more digging, and the expert
archives are not only current, but they appear to be complete. This was
definitely not the case the last time I checked early this year when there
were no updates of either archive beyond November 15, 2003. Somewhere along
the line, Mandrake seems to have corrected the problem with the expert
archives but the newbie list got missed in the shuffle. Curious.

As for the subscription thing: Aren't they all part of the same company? Hell,
for all that I know, the servers are in the same room.

-- cmg