Simon Utley wrote:

Hi all, I know there was a thread on this not long ago but it didn't answer my problem. I am on Mdk 10 and in order to get my Traveling Disk 2.0 USB Flash Drive to work I had to make a directory /mnt/memstick then mount it using #mount -t vfat /dev/sda /mnt/memstick.
I had read on the list that Mdk 10 should recognise the drive and put an icon on the desktop. If this is the case why is it not happening here.
Simon.

Simon, Check to see if you have "hotplug" installed and that it's starting at boot time, then make sure that you've configured your desktop to display your mountable device icons - otherwise they may mount, but they won't show up on the desktop.

Check for the mountable icons in Kcontrol>Look'n'Feel>behavior. Check the third tab especially and make sure that the checkbox is checked.

HTH

--
Lanman
Registered Linux User #190712