> > I've got Xtart installed Stephen, one question though, how to
> > boot into rl 3?
>
> Edit the /etc/inittab and where you see the "default" is 5, change
> it to 3, reboot, login to the console as yourself, then run Xtart
> to choose from whatever installed WM's you have (and you might
> find that performance overall is heaps better - especially with
> KDE or Gnome...

I always boot at level 3, but at the same time i am lazy and don't
like to have to start X after i login.

So i have my .bash_profile setup so that if i log into tty 1, it
automagically launches my favorite window manager, sylpheed, rox and
firefox.

If i log into any of the other ttys, i just get the prompt.

eric

--
Mandrake HowTo's & More:          http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org