> 1. Upgrade to some form of broadband service. (Yes, I'm still on dialup,
> but one of these days...)

In these mountains, it will have to be satellite...

> 2. If there is a local Linux User Group someone there may be able to do it
> for you. Take a look here: http://lugww.counter.li.org/

I think that is what I shall do, thanks for reminding me. There is one LUG not
too far

> 3. Patience. Surely you can find some other useful task to do while the
> bytes come straggling in. :^)

At the moment, I am waiting for the stormy weather to go away. No rain, a lot
of rumbling...I have already lost 2 modems

Thank you all.  I still want to try the download way...to see if I can make it
but the LUG way seems safer for the moment
Maryse