Anne,

Thanks for your message.

Yes, I had set up urmp with some additional sources, I am pretty sure
including a plf source.  However I still found it difficult to browse for
software.  What I found myself wanting, no doubt from my past experiences
with other OS's, were lists of software by type with easy to understand
explainations of what they did.  I found this quite dificult.

I will check out urpmi.org/easyurpmi

I am not completly giving up on linux.
I am however probably switching my primary OS to win xp.
I will keep the dual boot and continue to play around with linux when I have
the time.  Perhpase I will switch back sometime.

Thanks again!

PS: does the rmp software depository at the mandrake club offer something
important over that of other sources, such as ones I might find at easyurpmi?
Perhpase just beyond MORE software?  Such as easier browsing, better
catagorization etc?

Gideon