ali tig wrote:
<snip>
i insert the CD into the drive and reboot the machine. i press the [Enter] key to start the installation. after that there is any thing to go on. there is a black screen. i waited about half hour but anything. what the problem can be?
<snip>

Guys, it sounds like he is booting fine from cd one and getting the "press enter to install or upgrade mandrake linux" screen.

I wonder if it's not going any further because of a hardware incompatibility??? Motherboard or vid card perhaps?

ali tig - it might be worth searching the net to double check all your hardware is linux compatible. Posting a list of your components here could help you too. I'm no hardware compatibility expert myself though, I can only vouch for the bits that are running in my computer.

Hope this helps,
Aidan.