I will second Margot's words, but also add that another problem can be
timeouts from the server you are connecting to.

I always connect to the server with Konqeror before I add it to my sources,
and I avoid .edu sites as they seem to shut down sites on the weekends.

And I also use the lists at mandrakeclub, as a link to the files is provided,
and I can easily check the speed of the server.

Rob

--
Linux User #183693
http://counter.li.org/