Am Mo, den 25.10.2004 schrieb Angus Auld um 23:21:
> Greetings, I just ordered a new laptop, a Dell Inspiron 1150.
> Is there anyone on the list who has experience with this model
>  and Mandrake Linux??
> As best as I could determine, Dell laptops are relatively Linux
> compatible/friendly.
>
> Any feedback would be appreciated.
> Dell had a great offer on the Inspiron.....free shipping, free upgrade to a 60GB
> harddrive, free nylon carrying case, and......a free Kodak CX 6445 digital camera!
> :-)
>
> Best regards.
>
> --Angus

Hi Angus,

I got a Dell Inspiron 510m which was a great offer as well but the first
thing I experienced was a "green screen" due to a problem with my
graphic card and the bios. You should have a newer bios (I got A02) but
if you get a green screen don't through your laptop out of the window ;)

There is a patch out on the internet for the intel chip sets 845, 855
and 865 as well as a wrap. If you need one of those, just contact me and
I try to help you as good as I can.

If you got a 865 chip set, you might have though a different problem
which is the allocation of the memory of the graphic card. For this you
have to look into the bios and see how much memory is allocated to it.
If it is just 1 MB set it to the maximum, even if only 8 or 16 MB are
possible. But than you have all resolutions available instead of just
640.

Hope however that none of those problems occur to you ;)

Alex