Tom & Karen Pino wrote:

Russell W. Behne wrote:

Friday at 18:39, Tom & Karen Pino wrote:

To anyone this may concern,
I received this notice from my ISP today.

A message which was sent to you by "Russ" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> has been
identified by our virus filter as being contaminated with a virus. For
your protection, the original message has been placed into the
greymail quarantine area. To review the text only portion of the
message, you may log into your greymail area and click on the
message(s) in red.

I do not know that this has to do with Russell W. Behne, but I also
get things that claim to come from me inspite of increased security at
rangeweb and constant attention to security by my security guy (me) to
virus and spyware crap (have never had a virus). The subject line is
"Re: Hello".
<<<SNIP>>>

Hi Tom,
No, that message isn't from me. I never use the word `Hello' on
the Subject: line. Someone obviously spoofed my email address. If you
can bounce a copy to me I'd appreciate it. And if anyone knows how to
find out who actually did it, and how to get even with them, I'd
appreciate that too.

Russ,
I was sure that this was spoofing. Most of the crap that we get is. The perp probably gets the names from the archives.

Sorry, I can't send a copy as the ISP will not even let me look at this stuff. The little I can see is also limited by my security system so I just delete the stuff.

I, too, would love to know how to trace these things and perhaps send them a "present".
Tom

I just got another one. Later I will call the ISP and see if I can get the thing forwarded here. Nothing that they will allow me to see is of any use. I just get a message that " This message contains inline images or attachments, and can not be displayed from this interface." They will not forward virus containing messages to my inbox.
Tom