On Wednesday 27 October 2004 20:48, Carroll Grigsby wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 October 2004 07:17 pm, Thereidos wrote:
> > On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:49:14 -0500
> >
> > Hoyt Bailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > On Tuesday 26 October 2004 17:16, Thereidos wrote:
 snip
> How do you explain the seven hour difference? Seven hours is almost a
> third of the way around the planet. Now, I know Poland isn't all that
> much east of the Greenwich meridian -- I make it out as two timezones
> (hours) to the east. Throw in the daylight/standard time bit, and you
> might be able to explain a three (or one) hour discrepancy, but not
> seven. Or has there been a lot of continental drift in your parts
> lately?
>
> Another question: Have you just gone through the transition from
> daylight to standard time? That has screwed me up a few times.
>
> -- cmg
Seven hours is here (CST USA) Its what I get when I missconfigure my
system time so it is normal for me. I believe the system, at least the
disks I get ships with EST (New York) as the default timezone. If you
have disks with Polish then they should have a default to somewhere in
Poland.
There is no defense to dailight saving time which we are currently in.
The computer handles that so I dont have to worry about it.  This is a
prime example of special interest running the country.
--
Regards;
Hoyt