On Wednesday 27 Oct 2004 20:51, Tom Brinkman wrote:

>      IIRC the only anomaly you reported Anne was cpufreq errors in
> boot logs.  I meant to respond, sorry.  I had the same. Cpufreq
> is used for laptops to control power usage and heat thru
> manipulating processor speed.  On a desktop, just 'urpme cpufreq'

I've found a bunch of reports while scouring logs.  Many may be totally
unimportant, but I'll post them later.  One thing at a time ;-)

>     As to the "Digital camera kills MDK 10.1" deal, I don't have a
> USB camera (mine's serial), but I suspect the problem might be
> solved by tryin a different kernel. I believe Stew said much the
> same.
>
>     I know reverting to 2.6.8.1-10 from -12mdk solved boot up
> problems checking (Reiser) FS's after I added an SATA drive into
> a mix of IDE drives a few weeks ago. With 2.6.8.1-12 the system
> went crazy, but all is well with -10mdk.  I've got a hunch the
> 'camera' problem is similar.  Just a suspicion tho

I've run a bunch of tests against 2.6.8.1-10 - it's no better than -12.  I'll
pick up another message in this thread as the best place to go through all
I've done.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302