On Saturday 30 Oct 2004 11:55, Simon Utley wrote:

> Hi, is there a program that will open Lotus 123 files. I have tried OO
> org.calc and Kspread with no joy.

Sadly, those of us that loved SmartSuite are badly served.  Few programs, even
for windows, ever had import/expert filters for it.  Your choice seems to be

1) export your 123 files to .xls, which is read by all spreadsheets (this is
the way I did it)

2) run SmartSuite under win4lin - which also works.  I did this later, for a
compatibility issue with my daughter's work.  I don't think you will get it
to work under wine - I looked into that a couple of years ago, and it was
said that it was well-nigh impossible.

HTH

Anne
--