> >3) "know if my kernel is compiled with version information?"
>
> This one I'm not sure about as far as Linux Mandrake goes,
> but usually the
> kernel is compiled with version information turned on. It
> refers to the
> modules being marked with what version of the kernel source they
were
> compiled from.

I am assuming you have the version of emu10k1 which you have to
compile yourself (the latest). I found that with 2.2.13-7mdk kernel,
after i compiled it, it wouldn't load because of multiple
'unreferenced symbols' or some such.

I don't know if this was the correct way to do this or not, but in the
'Makefile' there were three lines right at the beggining which
specified compile options. One of them related to whether to compile
for use with a kernel compiled with version information or not. I
changed this from the default of 'No' to 'Yes', recompiled and away we
went !!

As i say, don't know if this was correct or not, but it worked fine
for me!

Martin.