On Monday 01 November 2004 23:42, Marc wrote:

> 2 reasons
> # 1 a MLS real estate web site that seems to do nothing but say that it
> only works with Internet Exployter
>
> #2 as a further troubleshooting measure in trying to solve my DSL problems
> with my local ISP.
>

> I have tried everything suggested by the folks here and LOTS of other
> things. 1 thing that crossed my mind is that perhaps they have a server
> with a virus that is meant to screw up service for linux machines or
> perhaps something from the evil empire installed in 1 of their servers that
> is meant to screw up linux users.  Just a WAG on my part.  What the heck I
> have tried everything else.

Marc, you should probably keep in mind that the one thing that will be
impossible to fake for IE are security issues like enabling ActiveX.  Those
technologies can not be duplicated on Linux, regardless of the user agent
string that you send.

If the web site in question is checking for ActiveX being enabled, you are not
going to be able to fake it.

--
Bryan Phinney