dear rob,
i solved the problem. it result from my LG Flatron Monitor. when the installation, i take out the Monitor's cable, and then press the enter, after that i put on the cable to the machine againe. then the problem solved. now i'm trying to upgrade and discover my new mandrake :-)

Ali

ali tig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
i have mandrake 10.0 64 bit. i bought it from the mandrake store a few weeks ago.
i will try to send the massage.

Ali

Rob Blomquist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sunday 31 October 2004 12:02 am, ali tig wrote:
> dear carroll, my system is below.
>
> Asus K8V deluxe motherboard
> AMD 64 processor
> ATI Rodeon 9800 pro
> 1 GB ram
> 2*120 GB SATA harddisk(one of them for windows xp pro)

The other thing that we need to see is what happens at boot to stop X from
running when the system boots

Another thing you could do is attach a copy of /var/log/messages to an email
and send it to me, or someone else (it might be a bit big for the list) and
we can look it over and send the revalent part to the list, which will
problem get you up and running.

Your system can probably run Linux without problem. Are you running Mandrake
for 64 bit, or standard?

Rob

--
Mountlake Terrace, WA