On Sunday 07 November 2004 17:24, H.J.Bathoorn wrote:
> On Sunday 07 November 2004 23:45, Eric Scott wrote:
> > /home/eric   Â*(rw)
> > /var/www/html  *(rw)
> >
> > It says "permission denied" when I try to access. ÂAny help?
>
> Just open /home/eric with konqueror and rightclick the directory you want
> to share, and go down to the bottom of the menu and select "share".
> If you haven't configured filesharing yet (be it nfs or samba) you can
> click on <configure filesharing> button there or (if you have); click on
> the "shared" radio button.
>
> That's about it...it can't get much harder IMO;)
>
> About /var/www/html; I'm not so sure that's shareable in the nfs way, I
> useally restrict myself to /home/triade files for safety's sake.

Well sharing home direcories won't help me.  I need the html directory.

--
Registered Linux user #366862

Not that you care, but this message was sent from a 750MHz Athlon system
running SuSE Linux 9.1 (Kernal 2.6.5) and KMail 1.62.  I aslo run Red Hat
Linux 8.0 (Kernal 2.4.18), Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (Kernal 2.2.20), Mandrake
Linux 9.2 (Kernal 2.4.22), and YellowDog Linux 3.0 (Kernal 2.4.20) on various
systems and architectures for various reasons.  Yeah, and there's a old Mac
OS in there somewhere that I use as a bootloader for Linux, and a Windows XP
box used as a router for my Linux-based network, but they don't count, 'cuz
they aren't "real" OS's.  Who me? Biased? Nah!