Yo; does anybody know where I can download Mandrake 10.1 PPC via http instead
of FTP?  On the FTP mirrors I'm getting an average of about 9KB/s.  That just
won't do when download 2100MB of data.  My satellite broadband has roughly a
600k down/4k up connection... .Yes, I said four up, not forty.  I don't know
if this would slow down an FTP connection, it doesn't make sense to me, but
the point is it's download really really slow. Anyway, I'd like to try http
or something instead of ftp, and helpers?
--
Registered Linux user #366862

Not that you care, but this message was sent from a 750MHz Athlon system
running SuSE Linux 9.1 (Kernal 2.6.5) and KMail 1.62.  I aslo run Red Hat
Linux 8.0 (Kernal 2.4.18), Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (Kernal 2.2.20), Mandrake
Linux 9.2 (Kernal 2.4.22), and YellowDog Linux 3.0 (Kernal 2.4.20) on various
systems and architectures for various reasons.  Yeah, and there's a old Mac
OS in there somewhere that I use as a bootloader for Linux, and a Windows XP
box used as a router for my Linux-based network, but they don't count, 'cuz
they aren't "real" OS's.  Who me? Biased? Nah!

"Failure is not an option with Microsoft; it's bundled with the software!"