Thank you both Ann and John!

-mx

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John Wilson
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2004 10:20 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Netmon and Linux

On November 10, 2004 08:19 am, Manaxus wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am coming from the Microsoft world and learning LINUX so I am
> wondering if anyone is familiar with the network monitoring tool
called
> netmon. If so, does LINUX have a tool similar to it?
>

> Thanks,
>
> -Manaxus

Ann has already given you the definitive answer.

Depending on what you want to look at you can install Ethereal and or
Etherape.

Also, check under System|Monitoring and you may find you already have
what you
are looking for there.

ttfn

John
Composed on a 100% Microsoft Free Computer
Guaranteed Virus Free
Mandrake Linux 10.0 OE
Registered Linux User 362316