On Wednesday 10 Nov 2004 09:04, H.ERTAS wrote:
> >> Hello Friends,
> >>
> >> I am trying to install Mandrake 10.1 CE but there seems there is a new
> >> LG problem with the new distro. When I boot from Mdk first Cd ; System
> >> boots and begins to install but after some few seconds , it gives an
> >> error saying
> >> " No Cd Rom detected , Please insert a boot floppy"  .
> >> I have downloaded and burnt first CD once more. But the same thing
> >> happened
> >> !
> >>
> >> Strange point is I can easily install MDK 10.0 CE  (but by means of that
> >>
> >> firstly second CD after that first CD install method )

I think that may be the clue.  I could be wrong, but I did hear that CD1 and
CD2 of 10.0 had different boot setups, with CD2 being able to handle older
and/or slightly non-confirming CD drives.  I think there's a way of creating
a boot floppy disk from the CD, but I can't tell you exactly how to do it.
I'm sure someone else will be able to.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302