On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 07:47:13 +1100
Andrewd disseminated the following:

> Of course down here in Australia it is illegal to make any copies no
> matter what the reason. So basically all those people running around
> with ipods cannot legally use them here as Apple do not allow you to use
> the Apple store here. We have no concept of 'fair use' like in the US

It's all kinda moot anyhow. There's no way for the recording industry to stop
it. No law, no encoding scheme, will ever turn back the tide.

Well, except maybe in Oz, where people are well known for their deep respect for
authority figures, eh Stephen? ;-)

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046 / www.freeyourmachine.org
16:46:20 up 100 days, 17:38, 6 users, load average: 1.29, 0.99, 0.64