On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 10:16:51 +0000
Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Friday 12 Nov 2004 23:34, Cezary Morga wrote:
> >
> > I've got four mail accounts on polish free mail servers.
> > Unfortunately I keep experiencing some problems when trying to send
> > anything from three of them via SMTP. It takes a lot of time to just
> > connect to them - the rest goes swell. Only one of them - the one
> > I'm using right now - works without a hitch.
> >
> I'm not sure I've understood you correctly, with regard to the way
> that you are sending.  One thing does spring to mind, though.  With
> the UK ISPs, if you are connected through one ISP and attempt to use
> the smtp server of your other ISP account it will not be sent, as
> relaying is blocked.  Could this be related?

No. My ISP doesn't even give me any e-mail account, so I doubt they
would like to block it. And as I have mentioned the problem occurred
some time ago - two weeks? I ain't sure.

I have problems connecting to mail servers via SMTP (yes I've check if
I'm using the right port). POP3 works well.
--
Cezary Morga cezarym(at)andrake.org.pl / thereidos(at)@gmail.com
Registered Linux User No. 362185 <http://counter.li.org>