On Saturday 13 November 2004 07:31 pm, Jack wrote:
> It apparently has a way to allow changing the default browser *that
> works*!  Changing the htm file association in 3.23 does not work...
> That's the main reason, but there are other minor ones...

Changing the file association only works to determine what browser launches
when you click on a link.  The default browser that is called by a program
when it needs one is set by the environment variable BROWSER.  Type env at a
prompt to see what it is currently set to.  To set it temporarily to
something else, you can use the export command

export BROWSER=mozilla-firefox

This will change it to firefox until the next login.  I am still looking for
the file to change to make it permanent system wide.
--
/g