I'm stumped on this problem. I've created a virtual host in my apache vhosts config (pointing to a home directory). However, I'm still getting permission denied errors. I've read and re-read the Apache docs, which leads me to believe this is something I don't understand about Mandrake 10. If I chmod 755 the person's home directory folder (for testing purposes only), the problem is aleviated. I don't get it, because the URL's in the directives below are correct. Isn't the directive supposed to supersede the permission of the upper level folders (/home/person) ?

Here's the configuration...

DocumentRoot "/home/person/public_html"
ServerName person.com
ServerAlias www.person.com
Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks Includes IncludesNOEXEC Indexes MultiViews SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
DirectoryIndex "index.html" "index.php"
<Directory "/home/person/public_html">
Options All -Includes +Indexes +MultiViews +ExecCGI
AllowOverride All
<IfModule mod_access.c>
order allow,deny
allow from all
</IfModule>
</Directory>
ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/permission_error_log
LogLevel emerg
TransferLog /var/log/httpd/permission_access_log
LogFormat "combined"

thanks,

Jaime