On November 17, 2004 20:33, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> On Thursday 18 November 2004 03:30 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I have encountered this problem too. The network in my office and home is
> different in respect of network class and thus subnet and default gw. So,
> to make things easier (rather than to change the config all the times) I
> make 2 config files for each location
> (/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0, /etc/resolv.conf,
> and /etc/sysconfig/network).

There are a couple of apps available to handle switching between different
network profiles:

o NetGo: http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=14221

o QuickSwitch: http://muthanna.com/quickswitch

I haven't tried them (haven't had the need), so I can't vouch for them
handling the exact problems discussed in this thread, but they might be worth
a try. From the version numbers QuickSwitch seems to be the more mature, but
if you prefer kde apps, you might want to try NetGo. FWIW.

--
Ron
ron dot hunterduvar at shaw dot ca

Opinions expressed here are all mine. Rights to have
the same opinions are granted under the GNU GPL :^)