Hi everyone,

Suddenly this morning my pc stopped talking to the internet. In
/var/log/messages I found this:

Nov 18 11:15:27 nwyfre dhclient: DHCPREQUEST on eth1 to xxx.yy.zzz.aa
port 67
Nov 18 11:15:55 nwyfre last message repeated 4 times

It comes back again and again.

The IP address points to the DHCP server of my provider (I removed the
actual number as I am not sure if this can be made public).

For the last 57 days my PC was up and running without any problem, and
now this happened. After restarting the network services, eth1 (which
connects to the net) came up again and communication is restored.

I cannot really find a reason why this happened. Could it be that the
lease on the IP number somehow runs out after a certain amount of time?

Paul

--
In America, sex is an obsession;
in other parts of the world it's a fact.

http://www.nlpagan.net/linux.php