Playing any game from the /usr/games/ directory I get the following:

<snip>
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:1055:(snd_pcm_hw_open) open /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p failed: Device or resource busy
/dev/dsp: Device or resource busy
</snip>

Anyone out there care to assist me with this?

Running MDK10 and sound seems to be working fine otherwise. System sounds work and xmms plays my audio stuff OK when I call it to play my rock'n'roll CD's.

Aside from that I'm not sure about sound issues so any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

PS. The games appear to work fine otherwise and along the way I have installed sdl including sdl-devel - another sound issue I have with lbreakout2. But one step at a time.

--
Regards

SnapafunFrank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213