On November 19, 2004 13:29, Vegard Lundby Rekaa wrote:
> I can't get sun microosystems java vm to work with my mozilla 1.6. I get
> the installation to work and there are no error messages. But when I
> browse the internett at java sites, it doesn't work. I've tried several
> times and googled for the answer.
>
> is there anybody out there who made java vm work?
>
> Has: mdk 10.0, kernel 2.6.8, mozilla 1.6
> Regards vegard

I haven't finished installing it myself, so I can't vouch for it, but try
Blackdown Java: http://blackdown.org/

This is a Linux port of Sun's Java tools (community source, not open source,
unfortunately; there doesn't seem to be an open source Java that has moved
beyond version 1.1). They currently have 1.4.2, and working on 1.5. I saw
mention of a Mozilla plugin, but again, I haven't tried it yet. HTH

--
Ron
ron dot hunterduvar at shaw dot ca

Opinions expressed here are all mine. Rights to have
the same opinions are granted under the GNU GPL :^)