On Friday 19 November 2004 21:18, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 19 Nov 2004 15:17, Eric Scott wrote:
> > Am I supposed to define a "mail.mydomain.org" or something?  I tried what
> > I could find in the TWiki, the only thing that looked like it might be
> > very useful to me was a dead link (Or Konqueror was just being pesky
> > again). BTW, what's the Mandrake mail server setup wizard thingamaboper
> > and how do I run it?
> >     Thanx,
> >                   SigmaChi
>
> What was the dead link?  We are still re-constructing, and if any links are
> not working we need to know about it.
>
> Anne

If people are going to send you email you must have a domain name that
resolves to your IP address. You either pay to register a domain name, or you
could use a dynamic DNS service from someone like dyndns.org who will give
you one for free.
Once you have a domain name Postfix needs to know what it is. Then any mail
Postfix revceives addressed to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  (for example) gets passed
to eric's local mailbox.

derek

BTW: Here is Mandrake's manual page for the mail server wizard
http://doc.mandrakelinux.com/MandrakeLinux/90c/en/Server_Conf_Guide.html/wiz-mail.html
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org