On Sunday 21 November 2004 20:42, Habib Seifzadeh wrote:
> > There are a number of sources to buy Mandrake on
> > disks at *very* low cost.
> > Which country are you?  There's a good chance that
> > someone can point you to a
> > suitable source.
>
> Hi again,
> I'm persian. in IRAN, there are lots of stores which
> sell mandrake but I was afraid because of I thoght
> rpms will not be free.
> Some of companies do something that it sounds their
> products will not be free in future, for example, SuSE
> don't provide any iso images.
> What's your opinion?
> Regards,
> Habib

While its possible to install Mandrake over a network using the URL I gave in
my last post, I would not recommend it over a slow Internet connection. It
will take a **very** long time, and if your modem drops out you will have to
start again.

You are best off getting CDs locally. Its perfectly legal.
MandrakeSoft are fully committed to providing a totally GPL distro with free
access to ISO's and the RPM tree.
The only RPMs not included in the free download edition are things like Nvidia
drivers, Acrobat, Flash, RealPlayer etc, and they can all be downloaded from
the vendors web sites anyway.

BTW: I think Novell have changed Suse's policy and are now offering
downloadable ISO's.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net