On Sunday 21 November 2004 22:26, JoeHill wrote:
> If any distro is likely to 'scare' a newbie, I'd wager it's Slackware or
> Gentoo, certainly not Debian.

Now you've done it!!!!
You just touched my first (linux) love; Slackware. I'll beat the daylights out
of you given half the chance;)

Hahh, I've even still got the huge Walnut Creek "Linux The Advanced Reference"
book (or is it bible?) right up front in my bookcase. All the Howto's in dead
tree format...just love the feel of it:)

Slack was my first encounter witj linux that actually stuck (Mdk and Suse
certainly NOT, at the time)......Check out slack-live or slax: live distro's
that'll run on anything 386_up. If knoppix or whatever won't run on it, slack
or slax will! OpenOffice included at all;)
--
Good luck,
HarM