On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 08:03 pm, J or M Montgomery wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 21:24:15 -0600 (CST)
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> Thank you Mikkel,
> One more question please.
>
> > You can share /home, /boot, and swap between the two, as long as /boot is
> > large enough for all the kernel versions you are using, along with the
> > inital RAM disk inages.  (It is handy that 9.2 and 10.0 are running
> > different versions of the kernel.)
>
> I assume that I can't share /.  How do I get a root partition for the 10.0
> version?

Well for one thing I would suggest that you not share /home as it provides
plenty of possibilities for seeing problems arising from incompatible
contents of hidden folders.  That won't prevent it running, but it may make
you think some apps are flaky when they are really just responding to saved
settings from the other version.  Your choice of course.

You will get a new / partition as a consequence of the install.  Remember
that /etc/fstab is specific to each version, so one will mount / on hda5 or
whatever and the new one will mount root on hda9 or something.  No overlap
there.

cheers
Brian