it could result from your monitor. put in the installation cd to your cd rom and restart the computer. when the blue screen come down,  put off your monitor's cable from the computer. then hit enter. after about 5 seconds put on the cable. the installation must be start. try that.

ali tig

Gilligan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am having a major problem installing Mandrake. I have an ASUS A8V-Deluxe WiFi MB and an ATI AIW 9800Pro video card.

When the install starts it hangs as soon as I hit enter. Screen shows the moving bar and then screen goes black.  If I try hitting F1 (after rebooting) and do a text install(ugh) I get the start of loading and then it gets to this:

PCI: Via IRQ fixup for 0000:00:10.0, from 11 to 5 and the pauses. I can remove the CD and reload it, the DVD drive lite comes on then goes off. Actually several of the line above.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Do you Yahoo!?
The all-new My Yahoo! – What will yours do?