On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 18:22:09 -0600
Chris disseminated the following:

> > Now whats wrong....back to having kmail check until I get this straight.
>
> I'll reply to my own msg here since I did notice one thing amiss, normal
> messages have a 'Status: R, this one I see has a Status: U, meaning
> undelivered?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with how this would work with skipping the Postfix step
in the process.

Perhaps KMail isn't seeing the mail in /var/spool/mail/chris as new mail, and so
is not delivering it to your inbox? Also, check in the KMail config to make sure
that the path to your mail spool is correct, I can see something like KMail
defaulting to /var/mail or something.

Postfix does not add much 'overhead' to the process, in fact the anti-spam
processing is going to take up a lot more. Why not save yourself the headaches
and go with a process that works off the bat?

Postfix also gives you the opportunity to expand this whole setup in the future,
as you can see if you read Derek Jennings' howto.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046 / www.freeyourmachine.org
19:48:23 up 5 days, 10:57, 10 users, load average: 0.03, 0.03, 0.00