On Friday 26 November 2004 09:44 pm, Greg Meyer wrote:
> On Friday 26 November 2004 05:50 pm, Peter Davis wrote:
> > I want all the Powerpack CDs, with all the associated software, etc.
> > Where can I buy this?  The only place I've seen it is on
> > linux-mandrake.com, and the price is only listed in Euros.  Is there
> > someplace in the U.S. to get this?
> >
> You can change currency to US Dollar in the lower right corner of the
> mandrakestore page.  Also one US distributor is Mandrakeworks.
>
> Try http://www.mandrakeworks.com/

I found this link at the LinuxToday website (http://linuxtoday.com/):
http://linuxcentral.com/catalog/?prod_code=L000-298&id=C1CVxyL3GGdCB

They have the PowerPack 6 CD set for $14.95 US. That does _not_ include the
manuals, box or support. In contrast, MandrakeWorks wants $89.90 US and the
MandrakeStore gets 79.90 Euros for the _full_ PowerPack -- manuals, nifty
box, and support -- plus some free time at the MandrakeClub.

One way to reduce your cost is to join the Club, and then use the Club
discount to sign up for the PowerPack subscription deal. Initially you'll
receive the full PowerPack edition, then you'll get just the CDs for the next
two Mandrake versions. The manuals don't change very much between versions,
and you'll have made a decision as to whether the expert support is a good
deal for you (likewise the Club). Of course, you won't get the nifty box.

Note: I've never had any dealings with LinuxCentral -- I'm more of a
Cheapbytes guy.

-- cmg