Hi Guys,

My Box died today :-(

I was having some problems with a hard drive on the way out and was in the
process of backing up my significant data when it froze and I had to do a hard
reboot. After this, the machine would not start at all (It is an
ex-motherboard, it has ceased to be). With luck I should be getting a new
machine very soon - I've been on the point of doing so for about a year.

Anyhow, what I want to know is what is the best way to recover data from a hard
drive that is about to fail, but contains part of my Mandrake installation (usr
& home) when I get a new box up and running.  Can I install it as a slave disk
an access it through a new Mandrake installation or perhaps a live CD
distribution? Or are there other ways?

I realise this isn't exactly a Mandrake specific topic but there is more
concentrated computer wisdom here than any other place I know so I hope you can
steer me right.

Thanks,

Graham Watkins
Newbie, man and boy - for about 5 years now.