On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 04:38, Jack wrote:
> For some strange reason, I can no longer update my media with easyurpmi.
>
> It seems to take when I run the necessary commands from root, even
> giving me messages that "contrib" has been added to media, etc.  But
> when I go to the media manager, they (plf, etc.) don't show up, and I've
> done a random sampling of the programs offered for install, and they all
> only originate from the original cd's.
>
> I've done this many times before.  I recently re-installed, and cannot
> understand why it won't do it now...
>
> Any ideas?
>
> - Jack

Have you set up your sources via the easyurpmi.zarb.org site?
Meanwhile, this is a script take fron #lfd on freenode.net - yet another
Mandrake channel - works like a charm.

Have you run "urpmi.removemedia -a" and then reconfigured your sources?
That seems to help sometimes...

SCRIPT BELOW

# MANDRAKE UPDATER SCRIPT
# cobbled together by briareus 12jan2004

clear
&& echo "==>> MANDRAKE UPDATER SCRIPT <<=="

&& echo "--> NOW UPDATING URPMI HDLISTS..."

&& urpmi.update --wget -a

&& echo "--> NOW ATTEMPTING TO URPMI URPMI ITSELF..."

&& urpmi --wget urpmi

&& echo "--> NOW UPDATING AND INSTALLING AVAILABLE PACKAGES..."

&& urpmi --wget --auto-select --auto

&& echo "--> NOW UPDATING SLOCATE DATABASE..."

&& updatedb

&& echo "--> NOW UPDATING MENUS..."

&& update-menus

&& echo "...MANDRAKE UPDATE COMPLETE!"