RickSisler ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> Greg Meyer ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> > > >
> > > Hi raffaele,
> > > I have the exact same problem, did you find a solution ?
> >
> > Grip is working fine here on a 10.1 install.  Are you trying to use Grip's
> > built in cdparanoia library or the system cdparanoia.  If using cdparanoia
> > from the command line gives the same result, it sounds like a problem with
> > cdparamoia and not grip.  Try switching to the grip cdparanoia.
> > --
> > /g
> Greg and Stephen,
> I was using Grip's builtin and so changed to the system cdparanoia with the
> same
> results. But it worked from cli with:
> $  cdparanoia -B -- "-1"
> and sounded good.
Well, cdparanoia from Grip, either builtin or not, doesn't rip the track.
I also tried Stephen's method of forcing ide-scsi with no change, same
result. I added this device to Grip's config for ripping, which would
then just fail.
I did install ripperx and it works with no errors or problems using
cdparanoia as it does.

So, I like Grip, but I'm still reading the documentation, and have yet
to search google, and the Grip mailing list for any solutions.

Thx for the help, I will post any findings.
--
RickS                              Registered Linux user #338463
Mdk 10.1 OE - Linux 2.6.8.1-12mdk        @ http://counter.li.org