Re: [newbie] Changing hostname

> Actually the statement he needs is
> NEEDHOSTNAME=no
>
> derek
>
> --
> www.jennings.homelinux.net
> http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org

You were quite right Derek.  It was NEEDHOSTNAME wich was ment to be
configured...

But then again, opening the /etc/hosts file I see this line:

127.0.0.1               localhost

At first I erase this line, replaces it with the hostname I want, then
restart my network using the command
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# /sbin/service network restart
Stenger ned grensesnitt eth0:                                   [  OK   ]
Stenger ned loopback-grensesnitt:                               [  OK   ]
Setter parametre for nettverk:                                  [  OK   ]
Bringer opp loopback-grensesnitt:                               [  OK   ]
Bringer opp grensesnitt eth0:                                   [  OK   ]
(its norwegian if you whould wonder)

Then typing hostname gives my the same old result.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# hostname
062016248092.customer.alfanett.no
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]#

Where am I going wrong?